Written by Donald Beeback
If you are old-fashioned people who love to keep the tradition, Whetstone knife sharpener is a good choice for your sharpening system. It cannot be denied that technology grows really fast and already penetrate all aspects of life. Even the simple thing like knife sharpening, there is sophisticated technology that offers ease and convenience. Nevertheless, keeping the conventional sharpener never goes wrong. Whetstone really understands your need of traditional sharpening system for knives.
Whetstone knife sharpener stone is simply designed with 2-side stone. It is really easy to use this sharpener, as simple as giving pressure to the edge of blade on the stone surface. The ceramic whetstone comes in a medium grade that is suitable to sharpen all straight knives. The two sides consist of coarse and fine side. The grey coarse side can be suitably used to remove small flaws from the blade. Meanwhile, the green fine side is for the smooth and sharp edge.
Choosing traditional knife sharpener from Whetstone will free your mind from tricky maintenance. The new sharpener with sophisticated technology sometimes needs more maintenance. This ceramic stone is almost maintenance free. You can use it anytime and anywhere you want. However, you need to consider several things before using the sharpener.
Before using Whetstone knife sharpener, you have to remember these things. First, immerse the ceramic stone in the water at least 10 minutes before use. It allows you to sharpen the knife in smooth way as well as free the surface from metal dust. Second, choose the flat surface to place the sharpener. Make sure the position is secure enough for you to do the sharpening. This is surely for your own safety. The last important thing is about the technique. Using the whole stone surface is the best technique. It helps avoid the stone from bowling out.
Do you want to make your knife sharpener lasts for years? Your sharpener deserves simple maintenance to make it stay in your kitchen for a long time. To keep it in a good condition, you need to clean the ceramic stone with hot water. Do this after every sharpening. That is all you need to maintain the sharpener stone. To keep your knives in best condition, it is recommended to sharpen the blade several times in a year. Realign the edge for better use. In conclusion, Whetstone knife sharpener offers easy and simple way to maintain the sharpness of your knife.
Written by Donald Beeback
When it comes to knife sharpening, Spyderco knife sharpener should be listed into your priority. As a matter of fact, your knife needs to be sharpened periodically to keep it from dullness. With plenty of sharpener options out there, Spyderco offers nice sharpening system that will give you smooth cutting experience. No more bad days with blunt knives because this device will bring the life of your knife back.
Spyderco knife sharpener has proven its ability to maintain the sharpness of any knives. As we know, knives come with various materials. Steel is the easiest material to sharpen compared to the others. However, there are some kinds of steel that are quite difficult to deal with, including VG-10, D2 and S30V. However, if you have Spyderco, there is nothing to worry about because it can handle any knife materials.
What makes it so powerful? Spyderco sharpener consist of two ceramic stones sets—brown set and white set. If you want to do the heavy work, brown colored set will get it done. Then, the white set will finish the job. While the other sharpener is not effective for serrated edge knife, it is not a problem for Spyderco. Designed with triangular stone shape, it lets you to sharpen any knife design including serrated edge.
Conventional sharpmaker usually needs honing oil to smoothen the work. You better forget this part because Spyderco knife sharpener is designed with new system that eliminates the needs of oil. Furthermore, no need to worry about your hands because this sharpener ensures your safety. Thanks to the brass rods that functions as barrier to protect your hands. In short, it is almost impossible to cut your hands while using this device.
Common problem when it comes to knife sharpener is the cluttered parts. Since it comes with small parts, the chance is every part spreads in all around the kitchen. When you have Spyderco, there is no such thing. Thanks to the carrying case that helps you put everything in its place. With small and compact case design, it is possible to bring anywhere.
In addition, knife sharpener provided by Spyderco offers you convenience in use. It is almost unbelievable how easy it is to use the sharpener. Not to mention the extremely sharp blade that you will get from it. From now on, get rid of dull knives. Bring them back to life with Spyderco knife sharpener.
Written by Donald Beeback
From a variety of fried chicken recipes, there isn’t much that can match the taste of southern fried chicken by Sylvia’s soul ala Tourne Cooking. Made from simple ingredients, Sylvia’s fried chicken recipe is no less delicious than those famous spices fried chicken. Wrapped with crispy skin, it makes anyone can’t stand the temptation.
The main keys of cooking fried chicken are spices and oil. Therefore, you should pay attention and choose the best ingredients. Along with this Sylvia’s soul food recipes, it will be described the various types of ingredients to craft the magical taste of southern fried chicken.
- 3½ pounds of chicken, divided by 8
- ¼ teaspoon of shredded paprika
- 2 cups (approx. 470ml) of strained flour
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ¼ cup (60ml) of corn / vegetable oil
- 1½ teaspoons of each salt and black pepper for seasoning
- Mix garlic powder, salt and pepper in a sealed-in plastic bag, thoroughly shake.
- Prepare the chicken. Lay it in a tray and make sure it covers the whole surface.
- Scatter the powder mix over the chicken and let it seep for about 20 minutes (for a maximum result, refrigerated overnight is also highly suggested).
- Again, in a plastic bag, mix the paprika, flour, and black pepper.
- Take out the spiced chicken and dip it in the plastic bag along with the paprika mix.
- Take out a skillet and preheat it with oil over high heat.
- Shake the plastic bag thoroughly until the mix is spread evenly.
- Turn down the heat to medium and pour in the chicken. Cook for around 10 minutes.
- Flip the chicken upside down and give another 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and scoop the chicken out.
- Drain the excessive oil from chicken using paper towel.
- Serve it alongside ketchup and mustard.
That’s the perfect fried chicken that was taken straight from Sylvia’s family soul food cookbook recipes. Make sure you drain the oil from the chicken properly without messing the crispness of chicken skin. Just enjoy your day by cooking Sylvia’s soul food recipes.
Written by Donald Beeback
The best thing to welcome holiday seasons is by cooking Eckrich Smoked Sausage Recipes. The melted cheddar cheese on top of smoked sausage layers and rice will definitely make you eager to try it.
This is one of those easy smoked sausage recipes by Eckrich that you can make yourself at home. The ingredients and instructions for Eckrich Smoked Sausage Recipes will not spend your time too long. Well, maybe it takes only about 1 to 1.5 hours.
- A pack of Eckrich Smoked Sausage is sliced into ½ inch each.
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 16 oz. of processed cheese sauce
- 1 cup drained, canned peas
- 2 cups of medium-grain, white rice
- ½ cup red pepper, diced
- ½ cup onion, slightly chopped
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Preheat oven up to 375 ° F.
- Take out medium-sized or 2-quart baking dish and coat it with butter.
- Pour the peas, cheese sauce, onion, red pepper, and top it with rice.
- Mix it well and season it with salt and pepper as you like. Set it aside.
- Back to the baking dish; arrange some sausage so it can cover up the whole surface of it.
- Take a big scoop of mixture and spread it on top of the sausage, across the baking dish.
- Top the layers with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Put the dish in oven and bake it until the cheese melted and turned into golden brownish.
- After that, turn off the oven and take out the dish.
- Cover it with some aluminum foil and let it rest for about 5 minutes until it is warmed up.
- Take a big plate and carefully scoop out the casseroles.
- Voila! Your lovely smoked sauce recipes with rice by Eckrich are ready to serve.
Well, you can see this recipe on Eckrich official website. There are also various recipes of processed meat that are quite easy and cheap. So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and call your family to enjoy your Eckrich Smoked Sausage Recipes together.